Job ID questions

Dan Conway

Jun 22, 2021, 4:49:28 PM6/22/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hello,

Is there a way to reset the job ID counter to 1? Furthermore, what would be the limitation of this value?

Thanks.

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 22, 2021, 5:03:17 PM6/22/21
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Dan,

Jobs ID aren't auto-incremented id's values, are random string generated by UUID (unique universal identifier). Take a look a this.

To create a custom job ID: Create a new job, go to the "Other" tab, scroll down and define the custom ID on the "UUID" textbox, and save.

Regards!

Dan Conway

Jun 22, 2021, 6:44:52 PM6/22/21
to rundeck-discuss
Thanks for your feedback, I used the wrong terminology in the original post. I meant the execution ID's. One location for reference would be the very right side of the row under the "Activity" tab.

Thank you.

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 23, 2021, 10:50:52 AM6/23/21
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Dan,

Rundeck doesn’t have that functionality. Alternatively, you can do it by manipulating the database backend but that’s not recommended. A good approach is to use a Rundeck instance for testing (for example, using the default H2 backend) and another one configured for production usage (against a real database backend).

Regarding the limitation of that value, that value is internally defined as long data type (so theoretically 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 executions, a lot of executions ;-).

Greetings.