Log4J Vulnerability

eric....@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2022, 3:00:39 PM1/11/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi!  Are there instructions somewhere for upgrading to the latest version of Rundeck?  I'm on 3.3.10, so is there a direct path or do I need to do multiple upgrades?  Thanks for any info you can provide me!

rac...@rundeck.com

Jan 11, 2022, 3:33:16 PM1/11/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Eric,

If you want to keep your instance on 3.3.X brach you can upgrade to 3.3.17 that includes the log4j2 fixes. Take a look. Rundeck 3.3.17 is the latest 3.3.X version.

If you want to upgrade to Rundeck 3.4.9 (latest at this moment, also includes the log4j2 fix) take a look at this.

Hope it helps!

Eric Fetzer

Jan 11, 2022, 4:12:50 PM1/11/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much Racuna!  Based on my version, 3.3.10, it sounds like I can just backup and then do a yum update rundeck to get to the latest greatest.  Is this correct?

Upgrading from to Rundeck 3.4.0 from previous Rundeck Version >= 3.3.5

  1. Backup the rundeck database
  2. Start Rundeck 3.4.0
  3. Once initialization is complete, Rundeck is ready for use

rac...@rundeck.com

Jan 12, 2022, 7:20:35 AM1/12/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Eric,

Right, don't forget to backup all your instance data, including config files.

Regards.

Radhakrishna Bammidi

Apr 4, 2022, 2:38:56 PM4/4/22
to rundeck-discuss
To address the log4j security vulnerability, we're intending to upgrade our existing rundeck instance from 3.3.5 to 3.4.10. Could someone please provide the detailed upgrade instructions?

Based above conversation, I understood that   3.3.17 that includes the log4j2 fixes too.

Can someone share the full detailed  upgrade instructions from 3.3.5 to 3.3.17 please ?

Regards
Radhakrishna
8904311992