Is using MS SQL backend with Windows Integrated Authentication possible?

James Hodgins

Apr 20, 2022, 9:04:46 AM4/20/22
to rundeck-discuss

I'm trying to set up Rundeck to use MS SQL backend with Windows Integrated Authentication. The service is running on Windows with an AD service account.

I have the following properties set in my rundec-config.properties:
dataSource.driverClassName = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
dataSource.url = jdbc:sqlserver://hostname.domain.local;DatabaseName=Rundeck

When I start Rundeck it fails to log in as sa. I want it to use the service account credentials it runs as. Is that possible?
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'sa'. ClientConnectionId:98bbc124-7656-4f2f-963a-1ed675089b5d

rac...@rundeck.com

Apr 20, 2022, 9:53:59 AM4/20/22
to rundeck-discuss

Hi,

At this moment only using the user/password method. So, you need to add the username and password in your rundeck-config.properties, take a look at this and this.

Regards!

James Hodgins

Apr 20, 2022, 12:12:47 PM4/20/22
to rundeck-discuss