Rundeck server IP configuration in rundeck-config.properties and framework.properties

Jitendra Ingale

Nov 26, 2021, 3:15:45 AM11/26/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi all,

Is it required to Rundeck running server's private or public IP to be defined manually in below files?
rundeck-config.properties
framework.properties

Rundeck login page only works if I set server IP like mentioned below. Is there any permanent remedy so as to avoid this issue in case if server IP changes?

Also by setting public IP in this configuration I can not access Rundeck console from same network over private IP.

root@ip-172-20-10-134:/etc/rundeck# grep -ir "localhost"
framework.properties:framework.server.name = localhost
framework.properties:framework.server.hostname = localhost

root@ip-172-20-10-134:/etc/rundeck# grep -ir "3.21.13.158"
rundeck-config.properties:grails.serverURL=http:// 3.21.13.158  :4440
framework.properties:framework.server.url = http:// 3.21.13.158  :4440

VaniDevi Lekkala

Nov 27, 2021, 5:46:52 AM11/27/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,
You can attach load balancer end point also..But the target of the load balancer should have stickeness enabled.
Hope it helps.

Jitendra Ingale

Nov 28, 2021, 11:43:23 PM11/28/21
to rundeck-discuss
Please read my query again.

rac...@rundeck.com

Nov 29, 2021, 8:21:07 AM11/29/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Jitendra,

Probably the best approach in your case is to put Rundeck behind a reverse proxy server. Take a look at this.

Regards.