Rundeck Job Automation

hitesh jadhav

May 27, 2021, 8:45:23 AM5/27/21
to rundeck-discuss
I have the YAML file as a job template
Can we have some process that can create jobs in Rundeck automatically using the above YAML file instead of creating jobs manually using import?

rac...@rundeck.com

May 27, 2021, 8:55:16 AM5/27/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Hitesh,

You can create a bash/python script that imports the jobs (using Rundeck API or RD-CLI) using any template, based on this for example.

Regards.

hitesh jadhav

Jun 29, 2021, 5:17:14 AM6/29/21
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Yes we are able to automate job creation by using rest API and python scripting.

Is there any way to auto-delete the job in rundeck post-execution?

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 29, 2021, 9:55:39 AM6/29/21
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Hitesh,

A good approach is to create a job that calls the jobs via inline-script (using the API or RD-CLI), get the job IDs, and later delete it.

Check this API Endpoint. Also, this for bulk deletion (take a look at this example).

Here you can check the API documentation, and here a good place to see some examples.

Regards!