Rundeck send Notification to Discord

Kelvin Ferraz da Silva

Sep 28, 2021, 8:28:18 PM9/28/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hello everyone!

I started to configure a webhook notification to my Discord Channel, but for some reason my Rundeck don't send this notification, I configured this way:

rundeck_webhook.png

If someone helps I appreciate it, thanks!

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 29, 2021, 8:47:36 AM9/29/21
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Kelvin,

Yeah, that’s reported here, try to save the job the first time to get work. Alternatively, you can use the HTTP notification plugin.

The 1.0.6 version has some problems with the latest Rundeck version so, you need to compile the latest version:

1) Download the source code from the repository (in a zip format or just clone the repository).
2) Execute ./gradlew build inside the plugin directory, after the compilation, the plugin would be available in the build/libs directory.
3) Copy the jar file to the Rundeck libext directory.
4) Configure the HTTP notification in the Rundeck job. Check this and this.

Hope it helps!

Kelvin Ferraz da Silva

Sep 29, 2021, 9:47:28 AM9/29/21
to rundeck-discuss
Thanks!

I installed it, but I don't know how to configure this plugin with Discord webhook:

http_plugin.png

I tested, but I haven't received the discord message yet.

Have any more configuration I need to do?

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 29, 2021, 10:48:23 AM9/29/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Kelvin,

In-depth, Webhooks are endpoints to be called using HTTP POST calls, try to call the webhook using cURL or Postman to test (and debug) your webhook.

Take a look at this and this.

Regards.

Kelvin Ferraz da Silva

Sep 29, 2021, 12:18:11 PM9/29/21
to rundeck-discuss
Thanks!

I configure this way, run very well!

http_plugin.png

Regards.

Sean

Sep 29, 2021, 12:25:41 PM9/29/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hello All,

I'm using runback 3.4.3, and trying to install HTTP Notification plugin from plugin option. it shows that plugin installed but I couldn't able to see it in job's notification option. I'm running rundeck as docker image.

Thanks
Sean

Kelvin Ferraz da Silva

Sep 29, 2021, 12:52:10 PM9/29/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Sean,

I started using on Docker, but I had some problems like this, I believe you need to make some Network config tweaks to work well in container

So I decide to install on the server.

Regards

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 29, 2021, 1:11:34 PM9/29/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Sean,

If you're using the default 1.0.6 version, the plugin doesn't work on the latest Rundeck, my recommendation is to download the repository, compile it, and copy the .jar file to the libext folder, (here are the steps), to copy it to your Docker environment use the COPY sentence in your Dockerfile, take a look.

Greetings!

Sean

Sep 30, 2021, 12:15:18 AM9/30/21
to rundeck-discuss
got it thanks much

Sean

Oct 7, 2021, 4:44:03 AM10/7/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hello All,

I compiled and place the new jar into ./libtext folder and now I could see the option HTTP Notification on Notification tab. But unfortunately it's not do POST call to my GitHub API.

Sean

Oct 7, 2021, 4:46:34 AM10/7/21
to rundeck-discuss
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 2.15.38 PM.png

rac...@rundeck.com

Oct 7, 2021, 7:49:12 AM10/7/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Sean, Could you try disabling the SSL verfication?

Regards.

Sean

Oct 7, 2021, 8:09:26 AM10/7/21
to rundeck-discuss
Yeah I tried it but no luck. is this plugin compatible with 3.4.3 version ?