create dropdown derived from nodes.xml

aristos....@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2024, 12:30:29 AMJun 10
to rundeck-discuss
I have created an .xml file containing 580 remote nodes, on which I can run jobs from Rundeck. Currently, when I create a new job, I simply create a 'Node Filter' to select on which of the remote nodes I want to run the job on.

When I select a job, I want to have a dropdown menu, which contains 132 (of the 580) remote nodes, so an engineer can select on which node they want to run the job on.

From what I can understand, I have to create a new 'Option' and input a comma separated list of the 132 nodes. That would add complexity though, because I would then have 2 lists to maintain when changes to the remote nodes occur. I would also have to do this for each job with a dropdown menu.

Is there a way I can use the .xml I created and somehow filter the nodes I want from that, and create the dropdown that way?

Thanks

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 10, 2024, 11:30:29 AMJun 10
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

A good option could be to translate that XML file to a valid JSON remote option file and use it (maybe via xq). Similar to this workaround.

Regards!