Rundeck System Key Storage

Jeremy Vermillion

Sep 14, 2021, 3:53:31 PM9/14/21
to rundeck-discuss
I am setting up a new instance of Rundeck. I want to copy some old keys from the Key storage to the new instance so all the keys don't have to be recreated.  I found the keys on the old instance in var/lib/rundeck/var/storage/content/keys, when I place these keys in the new instance they do not show up.  Is this the correct way to do this?

I tried adding  rundeck.feature.projectKeyStorage.enabled=false to rundeck-config.properties.

This is on Rundeck 3.4.3

Thanks

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 14, 2021, 8:28:52 PM9/14/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

By default Rundeck 3.4.X stores the keys on the database backend, my recomendation is to recreate it manually on the new instance. Anyway, you can follow this (scenario 1).

Regards.