How to Add Option dependency in Rundeck

Vinay Kumar

Apr 5, 2023, 9:06:51 AM4/5/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi

I have added 4 options
1. Build-number
2. Name
3. Type
4. Testcase

Based on Name Parameter Option, Options need to change
In Name Option Parameter i have given 3 options --> A,B,C
If i select A, I Need to display Only Option4.
If i select B, I need to change filelist url in Build-number Option to file://app/test/test.json
If i select C, I need to change filelist url in Build-number Option to file://app/test/testing.json

Is there any Possibility for this. Can anyone explain this?

Paul Jeffrey

Apr 5, 2023, 9:25:27 AM4/5/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi

For tiered dropdowns we structured the file system to align the option choices, so in your secondary options you would have a Remote URL something like:
file:/app/test/${option.name.value}/value.json

So you would have a file structure with directories A, B, C under file:/app/test and a JSON file in each folder for their respective values.

I don't know of a method to support the option to only display Option 4 though

Vinay Kumar

Apr 13, 2023, 6:45:54 AM4/13/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi

Thanks for the info. I just tried keeping in this above format, But i am getting below error. Can you please suggest me

Exception: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 26: file:/app/devops/rundeck/${option.Environment_name}/sit_current_build_version.json

Vinay Kumar

Apr 13, 2023, 7:32:13 AM4/13/23
to rundeck-discuss
Hi