User Manager is not available

yaramareddy thrinathareddy

Jun 6, 2024, 8:52:23 AMJun 6
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
 I am working on rundeck 5.3 version, How to define user group, Authentication and Authorization, Role-Based Access Control and how to create users in gui, as shown in the below i am not able to see the user manager in community edition. Can any one share a proper document?  https://docs.rundeck.com/docs/learning/howto/acl_basic_examples.html#system-context-acl-example

image.png

Thanks and Regards
Thrinatha Reddy

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 6, 2024, 9:15:09 AMJun 6
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Thrinatha,

In the Community version you can manage local users via the `realms.properties` file, please check this. Additionally, you can configure Rundeck against an LDAP implementation (like OpenLDAP) or Active Directory.

Another option is to use the preauth mode. Rundeck will run behind a web server in pre-auth mode and then receive the authentication parameters via headers. Check this example.

Regarding the GUI User Manager, is a Process Automation Exclusive feature, please check this.

Hope it helps!

yaramareddy thrinathareddy

Jun 6, 2024, 12:21:06 PMJun 6
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
My Main intention is, i want to provide read only access on the projects/jobs for some users. for some users i want to provide run the job's and by default for admins , admin access.

Hear how I want to define the roles.

image.png

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 7, 2024, 10:14:14 AMJun 7
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Thrinatha,

The first step is to add your users and roles in your realm.properties file. Check this.

The user and the role were created, now, let’s give read access to that role (group) across the projects. To do so, you need to understand how ACLs work. Take a look at this:

This “only read role” ACL should work:

description: Admin, all access. context: project: '.*' # all projects for: resource: - allow: 'read' job: - allow: 'read' node: - allow: 'read' by: group: my_role --- description: user role read access context: application: 'rundeck' for: project: - match: name: '.*' allow: [read] system: - match: name: '.*' allow: [read] storage: - equals: path: 'keys' allow: [read] - match: path: 'keys/id_rsa*' allow: [read] by: group: my_role

Here you can learn more about ACLs, and here you have a lot of examples (here too).

Regards

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 7, 2024, 10:16:06 AMJun 7
to rundeck-discuss

Sorry, this is the first link. Here you can see how to add users and assign their roles.

The format is:

user:password,role1,role2,roleN

Regards.