Yum Update Issues for Linux

Richard Leadbetter

Jul 18, 2022, 11:17:15 AM7/18/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi All

So i have a strange one, when i SSH using putty to a Linux box and run this:

yum --disablerepo "*" --enablerepo "CUSTOMREPO" update

everything works fine, when i use the node executor in Rundeck I get the following error:
 "Error getting repository data for anaconda-ks.cfg, repository not found"

This seems to be unique to the Rundeck executor, am i doing something silly? (most likely i am).

Any Help would be appreciated.

System details:
RUNDECK
APIVERSION : 40
BASE : /var/lib/rundeck
BUILD : 3.4.9-20211221
BUILDGIT : v3.4.9-0-gfe92051
NODE : REDACTED
SERVERUUID : db92fb34-c257-4c3f-bc98-5f02a1b2ffcf  leaf-db
VERSION : 3.4.9-20211221

rac...@rundeck.com

Jul 18, 2022, 2:54:37 PM7/18/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi!

Is the target node user configured in the Rundeck allowed to execute that kind of command? (probably the file is unreadable). You can try with sudo to test with more privileges.

Regards.

Richard Leadbetter

Jul 19, 2022, 3:31:22 AM7/19/22
to rundeck-discuss
rundeck-linux-patching-error-01.PNGHi There.

yes, i am being very naughty and using root for now... (i also threw a sudo at the beginning and still the same issue.. it's really strange)

Thanks
Rich

rac...@rundeck.com

Jul 19, 2022, 12:14:44 PM7/19/22
to rundeck-discuss
Could you try using the inline script step in your job? (that is a command step right?). Also, you can check your remote node environment from the command page to make sure that you're accessing the right node/files.

Regards.

Richard Leadbetter

Jul 21, 2022, 10:20:46 AM7/21/22
to rundeck-discuss
That looks to have sorted it.. I'll get on with testing and come back if there are any more issues.

Thanks for the assist on this - you guys rock!!! :)