Expected behavior when two rundeck instances connecting to same DB

Xu Jeffrey

Nov 4, 2022, 7:34:48 AM11/4/22
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Currently, I have a simple setup with two rundeck instances targeting the same database.
I also have one job that is scheduled to be executed every minute and simply does an echo command.
Surprisingly there was no database error and only one instance executes the job.
I was expecting errors like database lock or job got executed twice since I'm using community version(no cluster support).

What will be the expected behavior when we have two instances connecting to one database?
Is clustering supported by community version of rundeck to some extent?

rac...@rundeck.com

Nov 4, 2022, 7:37:00 AM11/4/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Jeff,

That cluster setup is only available on Process Automation (formerly "Rundeck Enterprise"), please take a look at this.

Regards.