Rundeck job and step storage

Sean

Sep 15, 2021, 12:38:41 AM9/15/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hello ,

I'm running rundeck 3.4.3 on my EKS cluster. When I restart/redeploy rundeck all my jobs and steps gets removed in new rundeck pod. Do I need to bring up mysql instance as well in EKS cluster and mount rundeck to mysql ? Please confirm

Thanks
Sean

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 15, 2021, 8:34:44 AM9/15/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Seam,

Yes, It would be ideal to use a database backend to keep your projects and jobs.

Greetings!

Sean

Sep 16, 2021, 12:17:20 AM9/16/21
to rundeck-discuss
Thanks Sir,  One more thing, I've to create multiple accounts for my team members. how could I do that ? do I need to update ACL properties file for that

Regards
Sean

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 16, 2021, 8:08:51 AM9/16/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Sean,

By default Rundeck stores the users and roles on the realm.properties file. The recommended way to manage users and groups is to configure Rundeck against an LDAP/AD server and use the roles/users from there (check this Docker example), also you can configure SSO on Rundeck Enterprise. In any case, you need to provide the correct rights via ACL to give/deny access to your projects and jobs.

Regards!

Sean

Sep 20, 2021, 4:57:12 AM9/20/21
to rundeck-discuss

Thanks Much!
One thing, is it possible to upload a yaml file on rundeck and edit it depends upon the requirement ?

Regards
Sean

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 20, 2021, 8:40:36 AM9/20/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Sean,

A good way to do that is to create a job with a file option and process it using yq tool in the next steps (similar to jq but specific for YAML files).

Regards!

Sean

Sep 21, 2021, 6:54:45 AM9/21/21
to rundeck-discuss

Ok, so once the file option has been created, then how could we upload a file for Job ? do we need to trigger upload api for this

Thanks
Sean

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 21, 2021, 8:01:53 AM9/21/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Sean, take a look at this.

Hope it helps!

Sean

Sep 21, 2021, 12:05:24 PM9/21/21
to rundeck-discuss
thanks, would this uploaded file be valid for current job session ? or I can use it for future Job run as well

rac...@rundeck.com

Sep 21, 2021, 12:32:56 PM9/21/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Sean,

Both, for example, you can create a job that generates a file and then call another job using that script (on an inline script step) passing the file generated (and you can schedule that workflow).

Regards.