[Rundeck 3.2.2] Cannot kill job execution with an error : Unable to modify the execution

S Ruen

Apr 7, 2022, 5:24:27 AM4/7/22
to rundeck-discuss
Dear All,

We have face the issue on killing execution job

1.  we want to abort long running execution with kill job button
but we got an error : Unable to modify the execution
20220407_abort_gui.PNG
2. we also try to delete this job
but got an error : it is currently being executed
20220407_delete_gui.PNG
3. we try with api
3.1 stop execution : Unable to modify the execution
20220407_abort_api.PNG
3.2 delete job : The execution is currently running
20220407_delete_api.PNG
3.3 query execution status : strangely got succeed result.
20220407_query.png

----

Does anyone have ever face this issue, or know to fix this issue will be much appreciate.

----
FYI : node-execution : OpenSSH_7.4p1, OpenSSL 1.0.2k-fips
         Rundeck version : 3.2.2
         Backend database : mariadb 10.4.13
         OS : redhat 7.9
---

Best Regards,
Benz

rac...@rundeck.com

Apr 7, 2022, 9:32:13 AM4/7/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Benz,

That's is an upgraded instance? It seems that you're facing this old issue. Could you test on the latest Rundeck version against a fresh database? (in a non-prod environment).

Regards.

S Ruen

Apr 8, 2022, 5:36:18 AM4/8/22
to rundeck-discuss
Dear Rundeck Support,

Thank you for your answer, and your reference link on previous open case issue.
,which look like there is no clear answer on this case especially for old version, and only best solution is updating and try with latest version.

For now, due to our company policy, and high job usage, we cannot immediately upgrade our rundeck version from 3.2.2 -> latest version ~= 3.4
But we have been planning and will update to latest stable version in the near future.

Again, thank you for your kind support

Best Regards
Sitipas

ในวันที่ วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 7 เมษายน ค.ศ. 2022 เวลา 20 นาฬิกา 32 นาที 13 วินาที UTC+7 rac...@rundeck.com เขียนว่า: