Another ACL problem

Xavier Humbert

Jun 7, 2024, 5:36:34 AMJun 7
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

I have granted access to a new project to an user.

He can see the project in the list, but when he tries to move a job from
the old project to the newer, the new project does not appear in the
destination popup

Is there some special grant to give to that user/group ?

Here is the ACL :

---
context:
  application: 'rundeck'
for:
  project:
  - allow: read
    match:
      name: 'FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION|FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION_NEW'
by:
  group: polfoad-admins
---
context:
  project: 'FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION|FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION_NEW'
for:
  resource:
  - equals:
      kind: job
    allow: '*'
  - equals:
      kind: node
    allow: '*'
  - equals:
      kind: event
    allow: '*'
  adhoc:
    - allow: '*'
  job:
    - allow: '*'
  node:
    - allow: '*'
  project:
    - allow: '*'
by:
  group: polfoad-admins
---
context:
  application: 'rundeck'
for:
  resource:
    - equals:
        kind: project
      allow: '*'
  storage:
    - equals:
        name: 'keys'
        path: 'keys'
      allow: [read]
    - match:
        path: 'keys/FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION'
      allow: [read]
    - match:
        path: 'keys/FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION/.*'
      allow: [read]
  project:
    - match:
        name: 'FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION|FOAD-TRIBU-EXPLOITATION_NEW'
      allow: '*'
by:
  group: polfoad-admins

Regards,

Xavier

--
Xavier Humbert
CRT Supervision et Exploitation de Niveau 1

rac...@rundeck.com

Jun 7, 2024, 10:55:58 AMJun 7
to rundeck-discuss

Hi Xavier,

I have tested your ACL and it works. Could you double-check that another ACL is blocking that user? Pretty sure that is the root cause.

Anyway, I noticed that you’re using two app-level blocks (the first one with read permissions and the second one giving all permissions). So I made this example (tested on Rundeck 5.3) that should work:

description: projects context: project: 'ProjectA|ProjectB' for: resource: - equals: kind: job allow: '*' - equals: kind: node allow: '*' - equals: kind: event allow: '*' adhoc: - allow: '*' job: - allow: '*' node: - allow: '*' project: - allow: '*' by: group: your_group --- description: app context: application: 'rundeck' for: resource: - equals: kind: project allow: 'ProjectA|ProjectB' storage: - equals: name: 'keys' path: 'keys' allow: [read] - match: path: 'keys/mykeys' allow: [read] - match: path: 'keys/mykeys/.*' allow: [read] project: - match: name: 'ProjectA|ProjectB' allow: '*' by: group: your_group

Regards.