Rundeck Display of Project Job List

Russ Robinson

Jul 15, 2021, 5:32:11 PM7/15/21
to rundeck-discuss
Team,

  After a user logs into Rundeck and then selects their project, sometimes it takes the main project page some time to finish displaying the groups and jobs for the project.  However, other times it renders quickly.  What settings would make this rendering complete quicker?  Is it just the memory settings for Rundeck?  Note: This is 3.4.0.20210614-1 rpm installation on RHEL 7 with MySQL 8.0.25 as backend.

rac...@rundeck.com

Jul 15, 2021, 5:42:59 PM7/15/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Russ,

Take a look at this guide to improve the rundeck performance. Another way to improve the Rundeck performance is to delete executions, you can use the Execution History Clean feature.

Hope it helps!

Russ Robinson

Jul 15, 2021, 8:28:03 PM7/15/21
to rundeck-discuss
Yes - I've already done those things.  For example, I have:

export RDECK_JVM_SETTINGS="${RDECK_JVM_SETTINGS} -Xmx4096m -Xms1024m"

and ulimits set to 65535.  I also have execution cleanup enabled on all projects.  In rundeck-config.groovy, I have:

quartz.threadPool.threadCount="50"

Just strange that just the basic rendering of the job list is slow.  Any other suggestions?

rac...@rundeck.com

Jul 16, 2021, 8:55:42 AM7/16/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi Russ,

I think you're experiencing this (or related). Could you add your specific use case there?

Regards.

Russ Robinson

Jul 16, 2021, 11:34:40 AM7/16/21
to rundeck...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - this sounds like exactly what I’m seeing.

Thanks,
Russ