Adding Windows node to Rundeck community running on Windows machine

Jitendra Ingale

Oct 14, 2021, 2:27:02 AM10/14/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hi,

I need to add Windows Server 2016 Node to Rundeck (which is installed on another Windows Server 2016).

I will be executing PowerShell scripts from Rundeck to this Windows node.

Need to know,
Steps to achieve this
If WinRM will work here to execute PS scripts ?
Or if there is some other way I need to go with considering Community edition.

Please guide.

Thnaks
Jitendra

Jitendra Ingale

Oct 14, 2021, 7:32:22 AM10/14/21
to rundeck-discuss
Rundeck version - rundeck-3.4.4-20210920.war - Installed on Windwos Server 2016

I am trying to add Windows node to Rundeck but resource.xml file is not getting created automatically under folder C:\Rundeck\projects

I tried creating \PROJECTNAME\etc folder under above path and then creating resource.xml file manually but its not working.

I am also seeing files 1.source.xml and cache.xml created under below path and tried updating 1.source.xml with new node information but changes made gets disappeared after few seconds.
C:\Rundeck\var\resourceModelSourceCache\PROJECTNAME

Please guide,
Over correct way to add Windows node to this Rundeck which is installed on Windows
Also resources.xml path in above mentioned Rundeck version

rac...@rundeck.com

Oct 14, 2021, 8:14:21 AM10/14/21
to rundeck-discuss
Hello Jitendra,

It's mandatory to generate the file following this. And take a look at the resources.xml example.

Also, make sure that your Windows remote node is well configured to receive WinRM connections, please take a look at this.

Regards.