Rundeck with 3 pending jobs for more than 5 days

M Alves

Aug 1, 2022, 8:55:37 AM8/1/22
to rundeck-discuss

We have Rundeck community v 3.4.9 running everyday with several jobs, but last week, 3 jobs are pending for more than 5 days.

pic1.JPG

If we go to the details, the KILL button don't show up as usual.

 pic2.JPG

How can we Kill/get ride of this jobs if we don't have any button for this as usually we have the kill button?

Seems like the jobs are pending in Rundeck, but already failed and finished many time ago because don't show up in windows task manager anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help.

rac...@rundeck.com

Aug 1, 2022, 9:02:42 AM8/1/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi!

Is the status still even restarting the service? It seems pretty similar to this, could you test on the latest version? Do you see any clue on the service.log?

Greetings!

M Alves

Aug 1, 2022, 11:11:56 AM8/1/22
to rundeck-discuss
Thanks for your fast support,

yes the status its still even restarting the service or rebooting the server several times.

At moment we don't have much free time to upgrade to the lasted version, and the logs don't give a big clue.

Other thing that its not working its the Execution History Clean, that seems also a old bug.

I'm trying to delete/kill the jobs by Rundeck CLI but seems like I need to configure the CONF file first after download and install the CLI.

Anyone can give some step by step how to create this configs in Windows server 2016 please

rac...@rundeck.com

Aug 1, 2022, 1:43:13 PM8/1/22
to rundeck-discuss

Hi,

You can install RD CLI on Windows following these steps:

  1. Download the zip file from here and uncompress the content (e.g: on the c:\rdcli directory).
  2. Press Windows + R to open the Windows Run prompt dialog.
  3. Execute sysdm.cpl and click OK.
  4. Click on the “Advanced” tab and then on the “Environment Variables…” button.
  5. On the “System variables” section click on the “New…” button and add RDECK_URL on the “Variable name:” field, put http://your_rundeck_url:4440 on the “Variable value:” field.
  6. Same for the RD_USER and RD_PASSWORD environment variables defined here.
  7. Save the config and open a new Powershell terminal, go to the c:\rdcli\bin folder and execute rd.bat system info just to test the connection against your Rundeck instance.

Now RD CLI is configured in your windows box.

Hope it helps!