Update AWS WAF IP set (Rundeck Community)

skp15

Oct 31, 2022, 3:32:12 PM10/31/22
to rundeck-discuss

I am trying to automate the process of updating IPs to help engineers whitelist IPs on AWS WAF IP set. aws waf-regional update-ip-set returns a ChangeToken which has to be used in the next run of update-ip-set command.

This automation I am trying to achieve is through Rundeck job (community edition). Ideally engineers will not have access to the output of previous job to retrieve ChangeToken.

The job asks for the input from the user (IPv4 or IPv6) and gives out the `ChangeToken`. But I am not sure how to pass this to the next job.

What's the best way to accomplish this task?

rac...@rundeck.com

Nov 2, 2022, 7:21:12 AM11/2/22
to rundeck-discuss
Hi, take a look at this approach!