Creative Commons

1 view

Jenna Bailey

May 24, 2010, 9:07:01 AM5/24/10
to How to run a community collection online
Hello - I am the Project Manager for the Mass Observation Communities
Online organization and I am interested to know if the best option for
our project is a Creative Commons license which is non derivate and
non commercial. We will be accepting submissions from members of the
public through our website and we will keep these on our site, give
them to the community groups that we are working with and donate them
to the Mass Observation Archive.

I am new to creative commons and am wondering if this is the best way
for us to proceed?

Many thanks, Jenna

HurricaneAlly

May 24, 2010, 9:20:31 AM5/24/10
to How to run a community collection online
Dear Jenna,

Very briefly, re. licenses, we took advice from the JISC Strategic
Content Alliance - who will be leading a 'surgery' session at the
RunCoCo 26 May workshop http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/runcoco/events/index.html

At the workshop you could challenge them on this, but when we asked
(January 2010) the JISC SCA were not confident of certain issues
relating to the CC. We outline the position at
http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/runcoco/about/permitteduse.html

This is an incredibly complex arena and I am not an expert. However I
will post here a fuller answer based on the discussions at the RunCoCo
workshop.

Best wishes, Ally

Alun Edwards
Manager of RunCoCo | Learning Technologies Group | Oxford University
Computing Services | 13 Banbury Road | Oxford OX26NN
E: run...@oucs.ox.ac.uk
T: +44 (0) 1865 283347
W: http://runcoco.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ RunCoCo: how to run a community
collection online