Possible prolongation of the 'Practice' submission phase

Jure Baban

Jan 25, 2019, 10:11:44 AM1/25/19
to RumourEval
Hello,

would it be possible to prolong the 'practice' phase of submissions (the one with 999 max submissions) up to the official deadline, especially considering the scoring switch from accuracy to F1-macro? We weren't aware beforehand that it closes as the official submissions open. It would allow us to better prepare our solutions for submission.

Best regards,
Jure Baban

Genevieve Gorrell

Jan 27, 2019, 3:26:38 AM1/27/19
to RumourEval
Hi,
Codalab doesn't work that way unfortunately. You can't have two simultaneous phases.
I know it's unnerving, but the practice phase shouldn't offer a great deal over and above the offline scorer.
If your submission to Codalab fails completely (for example you forget to compress the answers file) then it should allow another submission. If you have a good reason why you should get another submission you can ask us and we will consider all reasonable requests.
Genevieve

Jure Baban

Jan 27, 2019, 8:26:02 AM1/27/19
to RumourEval