Question about data labeling - Why the root tweet is labeled?

孔庆超

Jan 3, 2019, 2:51:16 AM1/3/19
to RumourEval

Hi, I have a question about the data labeling: why the root tweet/reddit post is labeled?

For example, in the "charliehebdo" topic of the tweet-english data, the root tweet with id: 552783667052167168 is labeled as "support" in the train-key.json file.

This is also true for the reddit dataset.

I believe that: only repost should be labeled, because it shows some stance towards the root tweet/reddit post.

And the task description is like this: "Therefore, we introduce a subtask where the goal is to label the type of interaction between a given statement (rumourous post) and a reply post (the latter can be either direct or nested replies). "

Could someone tell me why ?

Genevieve Gorrell

Jan 3, 2019, 3:57:20 AM1/3/19
to RumourEval
Hi. This is covered in the thread "mistakes in dev-data":
Genevieve

Hamid Haghdoost

Jan 21, 2019, 3:39:50 AM1/21/19
to RumourEval