rufus scheduler and puma

concept47

Jan 24, 2013, 5:28:02 AM1/24/13
to rufus...@googlegroups.com
I've been using rufus-scheduler in tandem with Phusion Passenger for quite a while now, but recently I moved to using a threaded server called puma https://github.com/puma/puma, to serve up my rails app with an Apache Proxy.

When I run puma in the foreground from my server ...

puma -e production

rufus-scheduler runs perfectly, However, if I run puma as a daemon ...

puma -d -e production

... then rufus doesn't run at all. The initializer loads up (tested with debug statements) but the non of the rufus jobs ever run.
I was wondering if you had some idea of what the problem is.

John Mettraux

Jan 24, 2013, 5:33:20 AM1/24/13
to rufus...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 02:28:02AM -0800, concept47 wrote:

> ... then rufus doesn't run at all. The initializer loads up (tested with
> debug statements) but the non of the rufus jobs ever run.
> I was wondering if you had some idea of what the problem is.

Hello,

no idea, zero experience with Puma.

I did glance at the doc though... What about the on_restart block
feature described in there? Looks like it could help.

Beware having a rufus-scheduler for each fork...

Cheers,

--
John Mettraux - http://lambda.io/jmettraux

concept47

Jan 24, 2013, 5:34:03 AM1/24/13
to rufus...@googlegroups.com
I think its a very similar issue to this one actually https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/rufus-ruby/8ToQAH8-Rv0, because puma is based on mongrel. hmmmm.

John Mettraux

Jan 24, 2013, 5:40:45 AM1/24/13
to rufus...@googlegroups.com
Probably the Puma guys can help.

concept47

Feb 5, 2013, 7:37:10 PM2/5/13
to rufus...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John. They did.
Just in case someone runs into the same issue https://github.com/puma/puma/issues/183

John Mettraux

Feb 5, 2013, 7:39:00 PM2/5/13
to rufus...@googlegroups.com
2013/2/6 concept47 <ikec...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks John. They did.
> Just in case someone runs into the same issue
> https://github.com/puma/puma/issues/183

Excellent!

Many thanks for linking back!

John