How to schedule task with dynamic time though rufus-scheduler

Ragesh R pillai

Jun 20, 2017, 4:00:54 PM6/20/17
to Rufus Ruby

My main problem is to set dynamic scheduler through rufus-scheduler, let suppose i have a text fields on which we put minutes, base on that minutes re-schedule rufus-scheduler.

John Mettraux

Jun 20, 2017, 4:49:23 PM6/20/17
to rufus...@googlegroups.com

> My main problem is to set dynamic scheduler through rufus-scheduler, let suppose i have a text fields on which we put minutes, base on that minutes re-schedule rufus-scheduler.

Hello Ragesh,

here is an example:
https://gist.github.com/jmettraux/230aa2e06507a457455a63ad04487481

It shows how a dynamic input is used to schedule (or unschedule) jobs
in a rufus-scheduler instance (placed in SCHEDULER).

I hope it will help you. Best regards,

--
John Mettraux - http://jmettraux.skepti.ch

John Mettraux

Jun 20, 2017, 6:37:24 PM6/20/17
to rufus...@googlegroups.com

> I hope it will help you. Best regards,

Continuing the conversation at
https://github.com/jmettraux/rufus-scheduler/issues/250

Best regards,

John

Ragesh R pillai

Jun 21, 2017, 1:27:33 AM6/21/17
to Rufus Ruby
hi,
thanks john
in my case

scheduler.interval (SchedulerConfig.find_by_job_name "kk").duration, :overlap => false, :first => :now, :tags => [ 'cont.ct' ] do
end
when updating the interval time scheduler is not taking the updated value.
i just want to change the interval time of the particular job, interval time is taken from the table named "scheduler config". is it possibe to with ".every" config

John Mettraux

Jun 21, 2017, 1:29:12 AM6/21/17
to rufus...@googlegroups.com
> hi,
> thanks john
> in my case
>
> scheduler.interval (SchedulerConfig.find_by_job_name "kk").duration,
> :overlap => false, :first => :now, :tags => [ 'cont.ct' ] do
> end
> when updating the interval time scheduler is not taking the updated value.
> i just want to change the interval time of the particular job, interval time
> is taken from the table named "scheduler config". is it possibe to with
> ".every" config

I responded at https://github.com/jmettraux/rufus-scheduler/issues/250

There is no need to duplicate the conversation here. Let's focus on
the github issue.

Thanks!

John