Coronavirus Watch (1/15/21)

ARNOLD KOROTKIN

Jan 16, 2021, 5:38:41 AMJan 16
to Rudy-Ne...@googlegroups.com
northjersey.com

Coronavirus Watch
LOCAL UPDATES TO STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE

FRIDAY, JANUARY 15

We warned this might happen in Wednesday's newsletter and unfortunately, it seems to be coming true: COVID vaccine providers say they are running so low on doses that they can no longer take appointments from New Jersey residents. As a result, they are turning people away just two days after Gov. Phil Murphy's administration expanded eligibility to millions.

We're hearing from folks who say they have been trying several times a day to book appointments at sites across the state, but either can't get through or have been told there is no vaccine available.

These numbers tell the story on supply versus demand in New Jersey:

659,000 doses have been shipped to New Jersey per the CDC.
310,000 doses have been administered.
215,000 doses have been set aside for nursing homes.

Unfortunately, this means even those currently eligible for the vaccine will have to hang tight.

Although appointments are hard to come by, we've still been getting so many questions from readers on where to get the vaccine. So NorthJersey.com put together this list of COVID-19 vaccination sites. We will continue to update as sites open and close, so please bookmark and check back!

Also, for those still waiting for the extra $300 in weekly jobless benefits, I've linked an update below.

Have a good weekend and stay safe!

— Candace Mitchell, mitc...@northjersey.com | Twitter: @candacebright