waves 0.9.2 is out

Daniel Yoder

Nov 22, 2009, 2:47:36 AM11/22/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
I've gone ahead and moved the waves gem family over to gemcutter and
released the 0.9.x gem. this is a very quiet launch because there are
still a number of things that need improvement, but there really
wasn't much point in waiting, given that there is virtually no
activity on the project besides my own at this point. that said, any
existing waves apps will not work with 0.9.x without some rejiggering.
on the plus side, you can now do this:

gem install waves
waves generate -t classic -n test
cd test
waves server

and it will actually work.

current roadmap is basically to finish migrating the rubywaves and
zeraweb sites to publisher (which is basically the waves 0.9.x
successor to pages) and then i will being focusing more on tests and
docs.

regards,
dan

Mathijs Kwik

Nov 22, 2009, 3:01:33 AM11/22/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,

Congratulations on another release.
It must be hard to keep on working on a project all by yourself.
Just remember that although nobody's helping out at the moment, this
doesn't mean nobody's watching.
I think there are lots of people interested in your progress.
Keep up the great work

Mathijs

Daniel Yoder

Nov 22, 2009, 3:40:06 AM11/22/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
> Just remember that although nobody's helping out at the moment, this
> doesn't mean nobody's watching.
> I think there are lots of people interested in your progress.
> Keep up the great work
>
> Mathijs

Thanks, man. I appreciate the encouragement.

- Dan

Jerry

Nov 23, 2009, 11:39:09 AM11/23/09
to rubywaves
double-plus 1 here - I'm not on a project currently but waves has been
an inspiration and is likely to remain so.

Jerry

seneca

Nov 24, 2009, 12:25:28 PM11/24/09
to rubywaves
Hello Daniel,
Thanks for the release, however, I still get an error geming it:
ERROR: Error installing waves:
waves requires dyoder-hive (= 0.1.8, runtime)
sudo gem install dyoder-hive
ERROR: could not find gem dyoder-hive locally or in a repository

Cheers,
Les

Daniel Yoder

Nov 24, 2009, 2:34:42 PM11/24/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Strange. That is a github gem and github is no longer building gems,
but apparently between the time I launched 0.9.2 and you tried to
install it, they must have stopped serving them as well? Do you have
github as a source? Anyway, i will release a new version tonight with
hive as a gemcutter gem.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dan
> --

> .

Daniel Yoder

Nov 25, 2009, 1:36:25 AM11/25/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Okay, i just pushed waves 0.9.3 which now uses the hive gem rather
than the github project. So that problem should be resolved.

Thanks again for reporting this.

Regards,
Dan