RVM used your Gemfile for selecting Ruby…

Matias Korhonen

Oct 17, 2013, 2:06:59 PM10/17/13
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Every time I cd into a directory containing a Gemfile with a ruby "x.y.z" directive, I get the standard “RVM used your Gemfile for selecting Ruby…” warning.

RVM used your Gemfile for selecting Ruby, it is all fine - Heroku does that too,
you can ignore these warnings with 'rvm rvmrc warning ignore /Users/matt/Programming/what_app_is_this/Gemfile'.
To ignore the warning for all files run 'rvm rvmrc warning ignore allGemfiles'.

No matter how many times I've run the rvm rvmrc warning ignore allGemfiles command, I still get that warning every time.

As a secondary matter, can I somehow get RVM not to demand the latest patch level for the Gemfile ruby directives? Most of the time I don't care that my MRI 1.9.3 is slightly out of date, but RVM will still try to use whatever the latest patch level is… (e.g. if I have 1.9.3-p429 installed and the Gemfile specifies "1.9.3", RVM will insist on trying to load 1.9.3-p448 even if it's not installed)

Thanks a lot,
Matias Korhonen

mpapis

Oct 18, 2013, 3:14:10 PM10/18/13