issues on mavericks with ruby 1.8.7 (iconv)

Joel Nylund

Dec 2, 2013, 11:38:55 AM12/2/13
to rubyversi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have upgraded to mavericks and trying to get multiple ruby & rails environments up and running.

I was able to get my ruby 1.9.2 and 1.9.3 envs working, but 1.8.7 has been a nightmare and required several rvm implosions, I think the main issue is the advice out there is outdated.

My first question, has anyone gotten an rvm 1.8.7 env working on mavericks? If so any tricks?

My latest issue is this one :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7829886/in-require-no-such-file-to-load-iconv-loaderro

The answer takes me to this page:
https://rvm.io/packages/iconv

which says autolibs is enabled by default and I dont need to do anything.

I tried this:
sudo rvm reinstall 1.8.7 -C --with-iconv-dir=/usr/local.

It didnt seem to help either.

Any ideas?

thanks
Joel