How to add comment to a cell?

Jobet De Lima

Jan 4, 2016, 11:21:35 AM1/4/16
to spreadsheet
Hi All,

I spent some time searching for an answer for this but unfortunately couldn't find it.  I'm hoping I'm just missing a method call.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Zeno Davatz

Jan 4, 2016, 1:59:29 PM1/4/16
to rubyspr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jobet

I do not think this is possible at the moment.

Best
Zeno

Jobet De Lima

Jan 4, 2016, 2:20:03 PM1/4/16
to spreadsheet
'Appreciate your response, Zeno.  If I want to turn this into a proper feature request -- sorry that I'm not really able to help in the actual solution as I'm a newbie on Ruby -- how should I go about doing that?

I saw another gem that that supposedly supports this functionality.  See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14826714/adding-comments-to-a-cell-in-an-excel-sheet-using-axlsx-gem

But I'd rather stick to spreadsheet for everything if at all possible.

Cheers!

Zeno Davatz

Jan 4, 2016, 3:02:19 PM1/4/16
to rubyspr...@googlegroups.com
do the feature request on github.com/zdavatz/spreadsheet

The other gem only does XLSX not XLS ;)

Best
Zeno

jonty

Jan 4, 2016, 4:39:09 PM1/4/16
to rubyspr...@googlegroups.com
Dear  Zeno et al

Write excel is a good place to start - it already can write comments , ported from the perl version

https://github.com/cxn03651/writeexcel/blob/master/lib/writeexcel/comments.rb

Jobet De Lima

Jan 4, 2016, 4:43:21 PM1/4/16
to spreadsheet
Created a feature request issue on github.  Hope it sees the light of day :)

Cheers