Call for Talks February 2013

robertj

Dec 18, 2012, 3:21:44 PM12/18/12
to rubyshift...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are looking for talks for our February meeting.
For now there is one submission.

I will talk about Actors & Celluloid Part II.

Any other takers?

Please ping me. Anything is allowed as long as it has some relevance to Ruby.

ciao robertj

robertj

Dec 19, 2012, 8:43:01 AM12/19/12
to rubyshift...@googlegroups.com
Great!

we have 2 talks now.

Robert Kuzelj - Actors & Celluloid Part II.
Leif Gensert - Intro to app.net

We need just another 20 min talk and one Tapas style talk and we can
close the CFT for February.

Please get moving gals and guys!

ciao robertj

robertj

Jan 8, 2013, 2:34:17 AM1/8/13
to rubyshift...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

we still need 2 more talks for our February meetup!

Please get back to me.

ciao robertj

Nikolay Sturm

Jan 8, 2013, 4:33:20 AM1/8/13
to rubyshift...@googlegroups.com
* robertj [2013-01-08]:
> we still need 2 more talks for our February meetup!

I'd rather suggest reducing the amount of talks per meeting in favor of
time to chat. Living outside munich and having to work on thursdays, I
really cannot stay much longer than 10pm.

cheers,

Nikolay

robertj

Jan 8, 2013, 5:09:25 AM1/8/13
to rubyshift...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nikolay,

in general the idea is to have rather shorter talks (max 20min)
as people tend to mentally stray away after that time.
And have about 10 minutes for discussion afterwards.
Again I'd like to limit the time as people that are not interested
in a particular topic get bored then.

So if we have like 3 long talks and 1 tappas we spend roughly
1.5 - 1.75 hours for talks. As we start at 19:00 this leaves almost
half of the time for socializing and p2p talks.
Do you think that is still a to short time?

As you have voiced that before I will put a question on the forum on
how people would like to structure the meeting.
more vs less talks
more chat
shorter vs longer talks

etc.

Is that OK with you?

Nikolay Sturm

Jan 8, 2013, 9:38:46 AM1/8/13
to rubyshift...@googlegroups.com
* robertj [2013-01-08]:
> As you have voiced that before I will put a question on the forum on
> how people would like to structure the meeting.

Ups, I had totally forgotten I had brought up the topic before. Sorry. :(

Let's see if it's just me or if others prefer fewer talks as well. Worst
case, I'll have a delay of 4 weeks to talk with people about the later
talks. :)

> Is that OK with you?

sure

cheers,