Re: [rubyrep] rr_pending_changes missing

Shajimon Abraham

Jan 17, 2013, 4:45:49 AM1/17/13
to rub...@googlegroups.com
jack
use confing.options[:rep_prefix]='r0' or some thing in Your config if you are already not using.What I mean is if we have more than one replication default rep_prefix  rr must be with changed with something else.This is needed to create different set of replication triggers and tables. hope this will help

shajimon

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Jack Elendil Lagare <jackeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
When I run the command, rubyrep replicate -c myconf.conf, the logs indicate an error that the relation rr_pending_changes does not exist. What could be the problem with this?

Sunny Thirumal

Jan 17, 2013, 8:55:48 AM1/17/13
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have been noticing this once in a while. Don't know exactly what is triggering, whenever I see it, I am un-installing the replication and installing it. I am sure there is only one replication (setup/process) in my environment.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jack Elendil Lagare

Jan 17, 2013, 7:39:46 PM1/17/13
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I just realized there was a process that wasn't properly terminated.

Shajimon Abraham

Jan 18, 2013, 12:02:11 AM1/18/13
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Hi sunny

A trigger is just a function executed automatically at certain point. In replication this execution occurs when changes are committed to table.

In your case if

A-----> B replication if it is always the case I don't find any reason for an error of this sort. so change rep_prefix and watch both the database if there is any process get initiated from a machine C. hope this will help u to find a solution.

shajimon

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rubyrep/-/zsXBGT6OdloJ.