Fw: Invitation: DevOps Night - How is ChatOps Formed?

Justin Reese

May 16, 2014, 11:25:27 AM5/16/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Our very own Carol Nichols will be presenting on ChatOps in preparation for her talk at DevOpsDays Pittsburgh. I’ve included her abstract because it entertains me. See the forwarded message for a link to RSVP.

How is ChatOps Formed?

Chatops, as defined by Webster's New World Dictionary, is doing your DevOps through chat. In this talk, you will learn the 2 Ws of Chatops: Why and How.

Why Chatops?

It centralizes information in useful waysIt democratizes DevOps, giving anyone the power and confidence to do your job for youIt's way more fun than the terminal

How Chatops?

Use OSS Hubot and hubot-scripts (Thanks Github!)Write your own plugins for company-specific commands and metricsStart with the one thing that people bug you the most to doThen listen to your users, they'll tell you ("Wouldn't it be cool if the bot did X?")Refine the interactions to have a high signal-to-noise ratio

--
Justin Reese

From: Pittsburgh Code & Supply in...@meetup.com
Reply: Pittsburgh Code & Supply in...@meetup.com
Date: May 16, 2014 at 11:21:54 AM
To: justin....@gmail.com justin....@gmail.com
Subject:  Invitation: DevOps Night - How is ChatOps Formed?

Meetup

New Meetup
Pittsburgh Code & Supply
Added by Justin Reese
Thursday, May 22, 2014
7:00 PM
ModCloth
2250 Roswell Dr #1, Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
6 Members going, including:
"Hammer of Justice at TTM"
"Interested in a wide range of programming languages: Clojure, Go, Haskell, Erlang, and JavaScript. I do Ruby for money."
"I'm a java developer that is new to Pittsburgh."
"I mash buttons and hope for the best."
May's Code & Supply meetings are being sponsored by Atmosferiq. Thank you a ton for making our meetups possible! Carol Nichols, Hammer of Justice at Think Through Learning, will be presenting her talk from DevOps Day Pittsburgh. How is ChatOps ...
Learn more

Sponsored by Atmosferiq

meetup.ics