meeting this week

Brian Sammon

Jul 1, 2014, 8:53:09 AM7/1/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
So... we have a meeting this week?

Carol Nichols

Jul 1, 2014, 11:51:54 AM7/1/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
No, no pghrb meeting this month, we didn't get any speakers and the holiday and SCRC and stuff. Please spread the word, sorry for the late notice!

-Carol

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:32 AM, Brian Sammon <a667...@drdrb.net> wrote:
So... we have a meeting this week?

Justin Reese

Jul 9, 2014, 4:03:45 PM7/9/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
Beyond what Carol said, we've also had issues finding people to speak or creating a reason to hold a meeting about something Ruby specific.

To that point, I've been creating a new language agnostic community, Code & Supply - http://www.codeandsupply.co/ that will allow for communities to exist and thrive without the pressure of hosting a meeting every month. We've been meeting regularly for Rust and Clojure and have meetings for Elixir and Swift as needed.

I'd like to start hosting some less regular Ruby topic meetings under this banner. Even if I don't, I think everyone should check out the upcoming meetings (http://www.meetup.com/Pittsburgh-Code-Supply/) or submit a talk (http://www.codeandsupply.co/speak/).

Justin Reese