Steel City Ruby 2014 CFP and spring event

Justin Reese

Mar 17, 2014, 11:58:26 AM3/17/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com

Steel City Ruby CFP Open, Speakers Announced. Charles Nutter, Jessica Kerr, Laurent Sansonetti, Bryan Helmkamp
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Steel City Ruby - August 16 & 17, 2013 - Pittsburgh, PA

Speakers Announced

Avdi Grimm

Charles Nutter

Charles works on JVM languages at Red Hat. He has worked on JRuby for the past eight years and has been a JVM enthusiast since Java 1.0. Charles hopes to make JRuby the best Ruby implementation for high performance, big data, and heavy loads, and to use lessons learned from JRuby to help the JVM and other languages that run on it meet their potential.

Angela Harms

Jessica Kerr

Jessica Kerr loves software, the code and the community. After ten years of Enterprise Java, she smelled the coffee and woke up to other languages. She works in Scala now, and writes Ruby for fun, in a functional style. She also teaches Git at every opportunity. Her mission is to bring every developer some ideas that are immediately useful and eventually mind-changing. Her methods include tweets (@jessitron), blogs (abstractivate.jessitron.com), and conference talks (like at Steel City Ruby!). To get her fired up, ask about mutable state, parenting, or cultural expectations.

Laurent Sansonetti

Belgian software hacker, husband, dad and cat wrangler. Founder of @HipByte. I work on @RubyMotion. Former Apple employee, @MacRuby author.

Bryan Helmkamp

Bryan (@brynary) is the founder of Code Climate, an automated code review tool for Ruby apps, and the lead organizer of the Gotham Ruby Conference in NYC. For the last seven years, he's been an active in the Ruby community as an acclaimed speaker, author and open source contributor. In 2009, he received a Ruby Hero Award for his efforts.

Speak In This Lineup

Would you like to be included in this line up of awesome speakers? We are currently accepting proposals from additional speakers to help round out our speaker list.

We're looking for 30 minute talks targeting varying skill levels from beginner to expert  that will help create a lineup filled with a variety of topics related to Ruby and the world around it.

To submit a talk proposal for this year's lineup, just visit our website and fill out the CFP form.

http://cfp.steelcityruby.org/

Whisky Night Fundraiser

A goal of Steel City Ruby has always been to make sure that anyone who wants to attend has no hesitation to do so.

To support potential attendees with financial concerns, we will be providing travel scholarships.

Help us raise money for these people by joining us for a night of Whiskey cocktails at Pittsburgh's Wigle Whiskey. Wigle will be graciously donating 12% of the money spent on drinks and Wigle gear to our scholarship fund.

At the event, we will announce the results of our CFP so you will be the first to hear our speaker lineup.

Tickets are on sale now and are just $10! The entire $10 will go to our scholarship fund.

http://www.showclix.com/event/3817863/listing