Fw: Pgh Tech Fest Call for Speakers

Justin Reese

Mar 18, 2014, 8:46:15 PM3/18/14
to rub...@googlegroups.com
As you’ve probably noticed, the Steel City Ruby CFP has opened. But that isn’t your only opportunity to speak at a conference this summer. Pittsburgh Tech Fest is looking for speakers and I encourage all of you to submit to both.

Nivia is in charge of the Agile track this year, but I’m sure she would help you answer any questions about the technical tracks.

--
Justin Reese

From: Nivia Henry lan...@hudat.com
Reply: Nivia Henry lan...@hudat.com
Date: March 18, 2014 at 4:18:58 PM
To: justin....@gmail.com justin....@gmail.com
Subject:  Pgh Tech Fest Call for Speakers

Thanks for sharing with the Ruby community, Justin. There wouldn't be a conference without yinz. :-)

Dear fellow technologists:

Pgh Tech Fest is on June 7th this year, and I've been tapped to lead the Agile track. My main responsibility is to find great speakers - hence this email to you.

I wouldn't worry too much about specific definition of Agile for this context; instead, I would encourage you to submit any talk you feel would bring value and insight to your peers and the Pgh tech community.

For those who need a bit more details, please review the following:

This is the third edition of the non-denominational software development technology conference in Pittsburgh. Any topic related to software development on any language or platform (or no technology, if you wish to talk about the softer side) is welcome. We had a wide mix of topics and presenter levels (beginner to professional) last year and would love to have that again.

If you are newer to speaking and feel intimidated by trying to pull together a full-length presentation, we also have a time period of 30 minute talks, which can also be a good length for a narrowly focused talk.

The event is June 7, 2014 at La Roche College in the North Hills area of Pittsburgh. There are hotels nearby, but please note we cannot pick up your travel expenses as this is a volunteer nearly free ($10-20) conference.

Please submit your talks here (note that you can submit multiple talks - we will generally only select one per speaker and will consult with you before selecting more than one): http://pghtechfest.com/create_speaker

The deadline for submissions for Pittsburgh TechFest 2014 is end of the day, March 31.

Agile track details:

Fellow Agilist, Kanban-ers, Continuous Improvers and anyone interested in a better way to work: we present you with the Agile track.

Now that the term Agile is fairly well-known, what we're seeking are talks pertaining to how the framework has been adopted and applied across various situations. We're also interested in talks regarding what's next for Agile; from scaling it to the enterprise level or novel concepts.

The talks in this track should help novices and seasoned Agilist learn and share information.

Hope to be reviewing your submission!

--
Nivia S. Henry
CSM, PMP, CSPO

The most cruel and brutal prison is the one we built for ourselves out of our Fears and Regrets.