Hello Ruby Engineers,
My name is Michael Dukes, and I am a Cincinnati based recruiter with a west coast based Social Media Services client who is looking for a Remote / Work From Home Ruby Developer for a full time permanent position. If anyone in your group is looking for remote and full time work, please feel free to contact me at mdu...@bluestreakpartners.com or 310-621-3938 to discuss further.
This is a non-micro managed role. Highly independent. They are looking for a Senior Developer - Around 5 years experience. API integration with social media like Facebook is required. Full description is below.
Thanks so much.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Blue Streak Partners, Inc.
825 Third Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10022
As a Software Engineer, you will join an agile development team to help build the next-generation of our company’s flagship application. We are committed to using the best available engineering practices and technologies and to fostering a friendly and sustainable development environment.
The right candidate has solid CS skills and is passionate about finding innovative ways to solve interesting problems. Specifically, as part of the team you will:
· Work with the Product Owner to define and scope features for the Content Review System.
· Work with the teams and the Engineering Director to specify, design, and implement new functionality.
· Integrate third party applications and systems with the Content Review System.
Required skills and traits:
· 5+ years of experience designing and developing web applications including 2+ years developing commercial full-stack RoR applications
· Strong practice of TDD/BDD using RSpec and Cucumber
· Solid understanding of foundational web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JSON; familiarity with Angular.js is a plus
· Solid skills with git; a GitHub profile with open-source contributions is a major plus
· Experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs
· Experience interacting with leading social media platforms/APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, etc
· Experience working in an agile environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong work ethic and a can-do attitude.