discussion plugin

Matt Aimonetti

Mar 6, 2009, 2:03:45 PM3/6/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I just installed http://demo.chimeric.de/plugin:discussion  and enabled discussions on every page by default. Do you guys think it's a good choice or would prefer that we manually add the required tag to display the discussion form?

Thanks,

- Matt

Darren Torpey

Mar 6, 2009, 2:15:17 PM3/6/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Just tried it out on the Comatose page (http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/addons/comatose).

So it just puts comments at the bottom of each page? Does anyone on this list have experience with the plugin? I have a few other questions:

A.) What happens when there are lots of comments?
B.) Is it possible to visually differentiate the comments form the rest of the page (maybe it's not a big issue, but it seems a little confusing to me now)?

Regardless of any concerns and questions I have, it's a great feature to have. Thanks for adding it, Matt.

-Darren

Matt Aimonetti

Mar 6, 2009, 2:34:09 PM3/6/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
If we don't turn on the discussion by default we can use the thread type discussion which seems nicer.
Also, the discussion can be styled, I need to touch base with the designers to see if anyone has anything to show us.

- Matt