Google

Nick

Mar 4, 2009, 2:30:51 PM3/4/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
I use the wiki often, and normally, I just type in the address
directly, but for some reason I googled 'rails wiki' and I get the URL
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails which is 'Topic does not exist'. If
I remember correctly, this is the old landing page. Perhaps a redirect
is in order?

tomkarlo

Mar 5, 2009, 9:45:19 AM3/5/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
That's because the old link from the rubyonrails.org/community site
went there. Matt fixed that but I guess there are other links floating
around out there. The long term solution is a redirect but for the
time being I've created a page at that address so that folks are sent
to the main page rather than seeing an error. Once the redirect is put
in we should delete the stub page from the wiki.

Tom

On Mar 4, 2:30 pm, Nick <nick.hildebr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use the wiki often, and normally, I just type in the address
> directly, but for some reason I googled 'rails wiki' and I get the URLhttp://wiki.rubyonrails.org/railswhich is 'Topic does not exist'. If

Matt Aimonetti

Mar 5, 2009, 1:52:19 PM3/5/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to add the redirect today. Sorry about the delay.

- Matt

Nick

Mar 5, 2009, 2:43:35 PM3/5/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
I guess in the name of user friendliness we could try to do this
proactively. I also guess this is not something Matt wants to be doing
adhoc for the next months :)

Sorry, I am not at all familiar with dokuwiki, but does it have some
sort of "404s with a count" page? If not, I would be happy to analyze
some recent logs for the most common misses.

Are we using a dokuwiki redirector plugin, or doing the redirects at
the web server? I would be willing to write up a web server config for
the redirects if that's desired.

As a side note, I just wanted to thank all the contributers. It's a
great resource. The reorg was well over due, and went very well in my
opinion...

On Mar 5, 7:52 pm, Matt Aimonetti <mattaimone...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll try to add the redirect today. Sorry about the delay.
>
> - Matt
>
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:45 AM, tomkarlo <t...@karlo.org> wrote:
>
> > That's because the old link from the rubyonrails.org/community site
> > went there. Matt fixed that but I guess there are other links floating
> > around out there. The long term solution is a redirect but for the
> > time being I've created a page at that address so that folks are sent
> > to the main page rather than seeing an error. Once the redirect is put
> > in we should delete the stub page from the wiki.
>
> > Tom
>
> > On Mar 4, 2:30 pm, Nick <nick.hildebr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I use the wiki often, and normally, I just type in the address
> > > directly, but for some reason I googled 'rails wiki' and I get the
> > URLhttp://wiki.rubyonrails.org/railswhichis 'Topic does not exist'. If

Matt Aimonetti

Mar 6, 2009, 1:52:47 PM3/6/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I just added the redirection plugin and redirected the /rails page to go to start:

You can do the same on other pages using the following syntax:
~~REDIRECT>namespace:page~~

I'll now install the discussion plugin and look at how the templating engine works. I was hoping Lindsay would be able to do that but he's really busy with his new venture :(

- Matt