Wiki down again

John Yerhot

Aug 14, 2010, 9:37:18 PM8/14/10
to rubyonrails-wiki
Hey Matt,

Seems the wiki is down again. It's been down for a couple days.

Matt Aimonetti

Aug 14, 2010, 10:02:09 PM8/14/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, rubyonrails-wiki
Hey John, I stepped down from my position, hopefully someone else will be able to look into the issue.

- Matt

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 14, 2010, at 18:37, John Yerhot <joye...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Matt,
>
> Seems the wiki is down again. It's been down for a couple days.

John Yerhot

Aug 22, 2010, 11:48:22 PM8/22/10
to rubyonrails-wiki
I'm willing to do it. Who should I talk to?

On Aug 14, 7:02 pm, Matt Aimonetti <mattaimone...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey John, I stepped down from my position, hopefully someone else will be able to look into the issue.
>
> - Matt
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Matt Aimonetti

Aug 23, 2010, 12:15:40 AM8/23/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com, rubyonrails-wiki
I forwarded your email to Yehuda, feel free to contact him directly.

- Matt

Sent from my iPhone

Kosmas

Sep 8, 2010, 12:17:27 PM9/8/10
to rubyonrails-wiki
Any news about the wiki?

If you need some help restoring/redoing or hosting let me know.

Race Lv

Sep 8, 2010, 10:33:59 PM9/8/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org  is really useful for Rails coder.
I also would like to help.

Gregg Pollack

Sep 8, 2010, 10:35:54 PM9/8/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I've reached out to David to see if I can get access, and I'll definitely ask for help if needed.  Thanks guys.

Gregg Pollack

Sep 10, 2010, 9:49:08 AM9/10/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
The wiki is back up.

Gregg Pollack

Kosmas

Sep 10, 2010, 9:56:21 AM9/10/10
to rubyonrails-wiki
Thanks Gregg!

Let us know if you need any help in the future.

On Sep 10, 2:49 pm, Gregg Pollack <Gr...@EnvyLabs.com> wrote:
> The wiki is back up.
>
> Gregg Pollack
>
> On Sep 8, 2010, at 10:33 PM, Race Lv wrote:
>
> >http://wiki.rubyonrails.org is really useful for Rails coder.
> > I also would like to help.

Chris Conrey

Sep 10, 2010, 11:57:12 AM9/10/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Gregg,

Do we know what keeps causing it to go down? Is there something we can do to prevent it going down?

Chris Conrey - chrisconrey.com - @conrey - Conrey is for Closers

Gregg Pollack

Sep 10, 2010, 1:53:43 PM9/10/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
I really don't.  David just told me he kicked it and brought it back up.  Next time this happens I'll ask for access, and try to diagnose the problem.

Gregg Pollack
Envy Labs

Matt Aimonetti

Sep 10, 2010, 2:13:59 PM9/10/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
The box was not responding and I couldn't connect via SSH, I guess David restarted the instance from slicehost.

- Matt

Sent from my iPhone

Matt Jones

Sep 13, 2010, 8:58:56 PM9/13/10
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, I've seen this (unresponsive even to SSH) happen on a number of similar setups (mostly Wordpress blogs); it seems to be caused by Apache spinning up lots and lots (up to 150, by default) of worker processes, causing the box to run out of memory. The Slicehost console always ends up with a bunch of OOM-killer messages on it.

Turning MaxClients down to a more sensible value seems to sort it out.

--Matt Jones