Install RubyOnRails for SourceForge.net's hosted projects

1 view

Muriel

Apr 2, 2009, 1:08:44 PM4/2/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Greetings

I am a SourceForge.net user, and I have managed to automate the
installation of the software stack of Redmine (http://
www.redmine.org/) for any SourceForge.net's hosted project.

This stack includes RubyOnRails, so I was thinking maybe other people
are desperately trying to make RubyOnRails run under SourceForge, or
under any hosted projects provider having same limitations (no root
access, already running Apache instance, no subdomain possibility,
different directories for cgi scripts ...)

This software stack includes the following:
1. RubyGems
2. Rake
3. FCGI-devel library
4. FCGI library support for Ruby
5. RubyOnRails
6. Redmine

The complete tutorial can be found here:
http://weacemethod.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/HowToInstallRedmineSF.NET
The script automating the installation can be found here:
http://weacemethod.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/RedmineSF.NET

If you find it useful enough, don't hesitate to give a link on your
wiki. Any question, comment, improvement, critic, remark are welcome.

I personally have searched for this info for a long time, and maybe
others will also need it.

Thanks

Muriel Salvan