Lithuanian translation

eimantas

Jul 19, 2009, 4:07:45 AM7/19/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Hello all!

I'd like to start Lithuanian version of New RoR Wiki, so as written in
translation guidelines - i'd like to request Lithuanian language in
the navigation bar.

Thanks in advance!

Matt Aimonetti

Jul 20, 2009, 1:37:40 AM7/20/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

 Could you please start translating the landing page under the appropriate namespace and once we have that done, I would add the nav bar item. The reason for doing that is that people don't click on a link with no content.

Thanks,

- Matt

eimantas

Jul 22, 2009, 2:47:52 AM7/22/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Hi again!

Index page for newwiki in /lt/start is translated. I guess you can add
Lithuanian to language list. BTW, is there a way to translate "Table
of contents"?

Kosmas

Jul 22, 2009, 8:34:18 AM7/22/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Eimantas,

You don't need to translate the 'Table of contents' as is done
automatically from the translation in the page, as long as you use the
right header tags (level headlines, H1,H2).

Eimantas Vaičiūnas

Jul 22, 2009, 8:39:55 AM7/22/09
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Kosmas - i ment the header

Kosmas

Jul 22, 2009, 8:48:30 AM7/22/09
to rubyonrails-wiki
Eimantas,

I think I know what you mean.
Is this your translation?

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/lt/start

Maybe the common terms are not translated until the actual translation
files for the wiki are added.
Wait till Matt adds the lithuanian translation to the top bar and see
what happens.

On Jul 22, 1:39 pm, Eimantas Vaičiūnas <enc.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kosmas - i ment the header

Eimantas Vaičiūnas