Ruby Unconf Hamburg 2018 | 5.5. & 6.5. | HAW Finkenau | Finkenau 35

Peter Schröder

Feb 20, 2018, 9:24:57 AM2/20/18
to RubyOnRails UG Germany

Ruby Unconf Hamburg 2018 | 5.5. & 6.5. | HAW Finkenau | Finkenau 35

If you love Ruby, come join us in May for the first Ruby Unconference in Hamburg - the gate to the world. We want to provide an open, accessible and inclusive event for the Ruby community and offer a great place to meet, learn and share your Ruby knowledge.

As an Unconference, Ruby Unconf 2018 is driven by you, the attendees! You can actively participate by proposing topics, giving talks and by discussing the topics you think are worth presenting. The Ruby Unconf is all about you, your topics, your presentations. If you ever thought about giving a talk or if you have an interesting story to tell, this is your chance!

The Ruby Unconf will take place in Hamburg from 5th to 6th May 2018 at the HAW Finkenau, Finkenau 35, 22081 Hamburg. The venue offers great possibilities for us like multiple tracks. It has a classy auditorium and a roomy, modern conference hall and lots of space to ease off, discuss or develop! Combined with the cozy HAW campus, the adjacent canal and the nearby Alster lake we are sure to have found the perfect place to enjoy great talks and socialize with fellow rubyists.

Tickets for the Ruby Unconf will go on sale within the next couple of days and include everything you can expect from a conference like great food, free beverages, conference shirts and a party in a great location, for sure! We will be offering early bird tickets for 45 EUR, regular ticket price will be 65 EUR. Our goal is to make the conference accessible to a wide range of people, which is why we will be offering diversity tickets as well. Please feel free to contact us or visit our website for more information. If you are already hooked, go to our Ticket-Page and register your interest!

We are here to make sure we are creating the perfect space to celebrate Ruby. We are a team of passionate Ruby developers, centered around the organizing team of the Ruby Usergroup Hamburg and with experience in organizing conferences like the So Coded, Railscamp Hamburg, JS-Unconf and a number of other community driven events.

In the upcoming weeks we will publish more updates as we are making progress in planning the Ruby Unconf 2018. Make sure to follow us on Twitter at @RubyUnconfEU and visit our website at www.rubyunconf.eu to find out more about the conference and how you can contribute to the Ruby Unconf already. We have already launched a simple app -Contriboot- where you can propose talk-ideas and give feedback. If you have any questions or would like to help us in organizing Hamburgs first Ruby Unconf, get in touch!

Website: http://rubyunconf.eu/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/RubyUnconfEU

Contriboot: https://contriboot.herokuapp.com/

E-Mail: h...@rubyunconf.eu