Conflict with Ruby Bundle

JoeGaudet

Jun 18, 2008, 5:25:27 PM6/18/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
I can't seem to get the Ruby bundle and the Ruby on Rails bundle to
play nicely together.

Is there a trick I am missing somewhere... or should I jsut axe the
ruby one? THis would obviously be sub optimal as I'd like to
potentially use the Ruby one to do straight up ruby work.

Lemme know.

.joe

Nic Williams

Jun 18, 2008, 5:32:52 PM6/18/08
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
They should work together.

What are the symptoms? Is your Ruby bundle recently updated from SVN or from the one on GitHub or is it old?

Nic
--
Dr Nic Williams
* Learn TextMate for Rails2 - http://peepcode.com/products/textmate-for-rails-2 *

JoeGaudet

Jun 18, 2008, 5:38:25 PM6/18/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
The Ruby bundle is the one that ships with TextMate.

The symptom is that I can access all of the Ruby snippets etc while
inside a .rb file (eg def+tab etc.) But I cannot use any of the rails
ones (eg. flash+tab). If I remove rb from the file_types in the Ruby
bundle the Rails ones start working. I just updated the Rails bundle
via instructions found on
http://drnicwilliams.com/2008/01/31/get-ready-for-the-textmate-trundle-to-rails-20-bundle/.

.joe

On Jun 18, 3:32 pm, "Nic Williams" <drnicwilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> They should work together.
> What are the symptoms? Is your Ruby bundle recently updated from SVN or from
> the one on GitHub or is it old?
>
> Nic
>
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 7:25 AM, JoeGaudet <Joseph.Gau...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't seem to get the Ruby bundle and the Ruby on Rails bundle to
> > play nicely together.
>
> > Is there a trick I am missing somewhere... or should I jsut axe the
> > ruby one? THis would obviously be sub optimal as I'd like to
> > potentially use the Ruby one to do straight up ruby work.
>
> > Lemme know.
>
> > .joe
>
> --
> Dr Nic Williams
> * Learn TextMate for Rails2 -http://peepcode.com/products/textmate-for-rails-2*
> Training in Ruby/Rails/JavaScript -http://drnicacademy.com
> Fun with Ruby/Rails/Javascript -http://drnicwilliams.com

Nic Williams

Jun 18, 2008, 5:50:15 PM6/18/08
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
What "language" are you in?

Press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R and selected "Ruby on Rails" and check if flash etc work now.
* Learn TextMate for Rails2 - http://peepcode.com/products/textmate-for-rails-2 *
Training in Ruby/Rails/JavaScript - http://drnicacademy.com
Fun with Ruby/Rails/Javascript - http://drnicwilliams.com

JoeGaudet

Jun 18, 2008, 5:52:26 PM6/18/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
Heheh yep that was it....

Clearly like emacs... this is one of those things that will take me
awhile to get used to. (TextMate, that is).

Thanks.

.joe