Current best way to get Ruby on rails.tmbundle working ? (+ PATH issues )

ivar vasara

May 27, 2008, 4:08:23 AM5/27/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
I've been reading various sources (this forum, github, and dr.nic's
blog) about the state of the ror.tmbundle, but am not sure which is
the canonical/best version to use.. svn, github master or github
two_point_ooh. I've settled on trying to get master working since it
has the most recent activity..

Now, every time I try to run a macro (at least command-option-down
arrow) I get "/bin/bash: line 1: ruby: command not found". I've set my
path properly according to http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/shell_commands#search_path
(including relogging in, etc.) and am at a loss as to what's wrong.

Any hints/suggestions to get a functional rails bundle working again
would be greatly appreciated.

ivar vasara

May 27, 2008, 4:57:52 AM5/27/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
Ok, after some time on #textmate in IRC I found my problem had nothing
to do with the tmbundle (as I supposed could have been surmised by the
error message).. anyway, for the record, the issue was that textmate
gets its path from the bash shell. I tend to use zsh, so my bash $PATH
environment didn't reflect the fact that I'm using macports ruby. The
fix is to update .bashrc with an appropriate $PATH.

On May 27, 1:08 am, ivar vasara <i...@oobik.com> wrote:
> I've been reading various sources (this forum, github, and dr.nic's
> blog) about the state of the ror.tmbundle, but am not sure which is
> the canonical/best version to use.. svn, github master or github
> two_point_ooh.  I've settled on trying to get master working since it
> has the most recent activity..
>
> Now, every time I try to run a macro (at least command-option-down
> arrow) I get "/bin/bash: line 1: ruby: command not found". I've set my
> path properly according tohttp://macromates.com/textmate/manual/shell_commands#search_path

ivar vasara

May 27, 2008, 6:25:02 AM5/27/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
One last correction .. textmate does NOT source .bashrc, so the path
has to be set in .bash_profile.
(I'd feel guilty if someone googled and got this far without solving
their issue)