Tickets to Lighthouse account

1 view

Dr Nic

Feb 8, 2009, 3:52:52 PM2/8/09
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
For many months this Google Group was not available; it now seems to
be back (thx Jason Perkins).

Nonetheless, I'm not preferring to use Google Groups for textmate
bundles and my other projects anymore after Google "banned" my long-
term gmail account from all Google groups. For 6 mths I've requested
and protested that my account be fixed. I've even approached Google
staff at conferences who are shocked that it can happen and promise to
fix it for me.

So in part, I don't want to use Google Groups because in a capitalist
society "don't buy anything" is often our only vote of protest from
companies that cause us grief.

But mostly, using GG no longer fits into my workflow easily for
managing projects since I have to maintain another google account, and
access GG via a Fluid app so that I don't have to login/logout of two
accounts.

Hopefully no one else ever has this experience. Its a PITA.

So, tickets + pull-requests no go to http://drnic.lighthouseapp.com
and select the "tmbundles" group.

Cheers
Nic

Lawrence Pit

Feb 8, 2009, 4:38:18 PM2/8/09
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com

What about the workflows of others?

lighthouseapp doesn't really fit into my workflow.

lighthouseapp has too few services to keep track of what's happening. I
cannot get a notification if a ticket is created there for example.

> since I have to maintain another google account, and access GG via a
Fluid app so
> that I don't have to login/logout of two accounts

I have three google accounts. I almost never login/logout into any of
them. Just have GG send you email notifications and pop your G account.

Cheers
Lawrence

Dr Nic Williams

Feb 8, 2009, 4:45:53 PM2/8/09
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
Until the group came back to life I didn't really get to discuss the workflows of others; I just needed a place to refer people who asked "where do I raise tickets?" when the group was dead.

I don't wish to imply authoritarian rule on where tickets/discussion occur. I guess my last email was illogical - the group being reopened offered me a chance to tell everyone what I'd told many individuals ("use lighthouse as the group is dead"). But the illogicalness was that now that the group is reopen, the message to individuals is irrelevant since the group is no longer dead. My bad.

Yes, the group is a good thing, and yes I can use email. I'll keep my unhappiness of the situation to myself :)

Nic
--
Dr Nic Williams
Mocra - Premier iPhone and Ruby on Rails Consultants