Footnotes plugin

Dr Nic

May 11, 2008, 7:26:31 PM5/11/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate, José Valim, Duane Johnson
Within the bundle is a rails plugin - 'footnotes'. I don't use it - I
think I did once - it was pretty cool. It adds links to the bottom of
your rendered pages back into the src of your app, based on which
controller, view etc that was used to render the page.

I'm probably going to extract it out of the bundle into its own git
repository.

Does anyone want to look after the footnotes plugin? Jose (cc'd) has
some patches for it.

Nic

Nic Williams

May 11, 2008, 7:28:11 PM5/11/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate, José Valim, Duane Johnson
Actually, there are two plugins - footnotes and footnotes-edge. I think we fixed one up during the Rails 2.0 upgrade, but can't remember which :)

Which is the valid plugin?

Nic
--
Dr Nic Williams
* Learn TextMate for Rails2 - http://peepcode.com/products/textmate-for-rails-2 *

José Valim

May 11, 2008, 7:34:21 PM5/11/08
to Nic Williams, Ruby on Rails: TextMate, Duane Johnson
As I checked, the footnotes-edge is the one updated.

If no one is currently looking after the Footnotes plugin, I could do so. =)

Nic Williams

May 11, 2008, 8:06:48 PM5/11/08
to José Valim, Ruby on Rails: TextMate, Duane Johnson
The footnotes plugin is now at http://github.com/drnic/rails-footnotes/tree/master

Jose has offered to maintain the project, which is very cool. I think I might even start using the plugin, its pretty cool.

Nic

José Valim

May 12, 2008, 10:53:28 AM5/12/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
Guys, I've already pushed my changes to Git. I've fixed some bugs,
added some features and You can check them at:

http://github.com/drnic/rails-footnotes/tree/master

Or check my blog post for more information:

http://josevalim.blogspot.com/2008/05/footnotes-v30.html

[],
José Valim.

On May 12, 2:06 am, "Nic Williams" <drnicwilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The footnotes plugin is now athttp://github.com/drnic/rails-footnotes/tree/master
> Jose has offered to maintain the project, which is very cool. I think I
> might even start using the plugin, its pretty cool.
>
> Nic
>

> On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:34 AM, José Valim <jose.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > As I checked, the footnotes-edge is the one updated.
>
> > If no one is currently looking after the Footnotes plugin, I could do so.
> > =)
>
> > On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 1:28 AM, Nic Williams <drnicwilli...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> Actually, there are two plugins - footnotes and footnotes-edge. I think we
> >> fixed one up during the Rails 2.0 upgrade, but can't remember which :)
> >> Which is the valid plugin?
>
> >> Nic

> >> --
> >> Dr Nic Williams
> >> * Learn TextMate for Rails2 -
> >>http://peepcode.com/products/textmate-for-rails-2*
> >> Training in Ruby/Rails/JavaScript -http://drnicacademy.com
> >> Fun with Ruby/Rails/Javascript -http://drnicwilliams.com

Nic Williams

May 12, 2008, 11:08:25 AM5/12/08
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
Champion effort.

CodeOfficer

May 19, 2008, 3:51:24 PM5/19/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
Footnotes Exception: undefined method `pick_template_extension' for
#<ActionView::Base:0x253747c>

doesn't appear to be one

Lawrence Pit

May 20, 2008, 11:37:07 PM5/20/08
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com

Are you using rails RC2.1? The footnotes plugin doesn't work for that
release because ActionView has been largely refactored (affecting many
other plugins as well).

Lawrence

CodeOfficer

May 21, 2008, 4:04:14 AM5/21/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
That was it, thanks for the heads up ;)

José Valim

May 21, 2008, 4:11:14 AM5/21/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
Hey,

I already have a version working on release candidate...
But I was waiting until it comes out to release it.

So I sent them to github, just pull it! =)

http://github.com/drnic/rails-footnotes/

Regards,
José Valim.

http://www.pagestacker.com/