Following the ruby on rails bundle help - view not fully working

Tim Haines

Aug 16, 2008, 8:56:40 AM8/16/08
to Ruby on Rails: TextMate
Hi there,

I'm new to textmate and am trying to get used to the ror bundle. I'm
following along with the help that's available under the menus (about
creating a blog)

Some of the commands for views don't seem to be working.

rp<tab> works and converts to render:partial => "item"

but the following don't work:
lip<tab>
ft<tab>
ff<tab>

also, it looks like ctrl-shift-< is supposed to insert either <% %> or
<%= %>, but for me it's inserting <p></p>

Can anyone advise what's going wrong here? Maybe I don't have things
configured correctly? I install the most recent ror bundle from Dr
Nic's github account..

Cheers,

Tim.

Michael Sheets

Aug 16, 2008, 2:55:33 PM8/16/08
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 16, 2008, at 7:56 AM, Tim Haines wrote:

> but the following don't work:
> lip<tab>
> ft<tab>
> ff<tab>

Change the language to HTML (Rails)

> also, it looks like ctrl-shift-< is supposed to insert either <% %> or
> <%= %>, but for me it's inserting <p></p>

You've got the character flipped it's ⌃>

⌃< is insert tag and ⌃> inserts an embedded tag.

Tim Haines

Aug 16, 2008, 4:32:39 PM8/16/08
to rubyonrail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks for that.  I'd seen the Ruby, Rails, and Rspec language options - but hadn't noticed html(rails) and js(rails) options.

Thank you!

Tim.