Simple CMS to add a few pages to an existing site

Ben Edwards

Dec 9, 2017, 11:02:57 AM12/9/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
I'm not having much luck with RefinaryCMS (support channel not very active) so was wondering what to try next?

Hassan Schroeder

Dec 9, 2017, 12:45:36 PM12/9/17
to rubyonrails-talk
On Sat, Dec 9, 2017 at 8:02 AM, Ben Edwards <lo...@funkytwig.com> wrote:
> I'm not having much luck with RefinaryCMS (support channel not very active)
> so was wondering what to try next?

You'll probably get better recommendations if you define your exact
requirements:

Input: who's going to be using this, how technical are they, what
format is the content being added (html, text, markdown, liquid, ?)

How frequently will the content change?

How much metadata needs to be associated with each "page"?
(e.g. title, author, creation date, ___ ?)

Output: are these just static pages (in which case a simple static
site generator might be enough), are these snippets wrapped in
dynamic pages, ____ ?

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.s...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan

Ben Edwards

Dec 9, 2017, 5:52:58 PM12/9/17
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
Just a few pages. Not updated that often. Possibly a fee images. Think I will build it from scratch. On reflection CMS seems a bit OTT.