Mixed case naming convention

Jacob Hume

Mar 15, 2012, 6:29:29 AM3/15/12
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have two models questions and questionresponses, which is dependent on questions. I am not sure whether to use questionsrespones or question_responses, for example, in the build statement in the controller:

@questionresponse = @question.question_responses.build(params[:questionresponse])

Thanks!

Colin Law

Mar 15, 2012, 4:47:17 PM3/15/12
On 15 March 2012 10:29, Jacob Hume <jacobh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have two models questions and questionresponses, which is dependent on
> questions. I am not sure whether to use questionsrespones or
> question_responses, for example, in the build statement in the controller:

The models should probably be Question and QuestionResponse. The
capitalisation is important. Then the tables are questions and
question_responses.
Assuming that you have Question has_many :question_responses and
QuestionResponse belongs_to :question then the relationships are also
named question and question_response.

Colin

>> @questionresponse =
>> @question.question_responses.build(params[:questionresponse])