Suggestions on how I should handle licensing in a session

John Sanderbeck

Mar 13, 2020, 10:16:46 AM3/13/20
to Ruby on Rails: Talk
In an app I wrote I implemented licensing for the modules in the app.

Right now, I query the database every time the license is checked which is a ton of SQL calls per user per session...

How can I limit the lookup to once per session?

Just store it in the session hash?

John

Walter Lee Davis

Mar 13, 2020, 10:25:03 AM3/13/20
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
That's what I would do. It's very low-drag that way. If you are horizontally-scaled, then you need to ensure that you have a central session store.

Walter